If you are fishing any Public waters in France you must have a Carte De Peche (French fishing licence). Please do not go fishing without one. You can buy them from lots of different outlets when you are in France like Fishing tackle shops, Bars/Tabacs, Newsagents (Maison de Presse ) in almost every town or village throughout France you can also buy on-line from www.cartedepeche.fr this website does have an English option on it.
Once you have this most Public waters are FREE to fish.
Different types of Fishing Licence.
- 2023 prices
- Annual Adult Permit (105e)
If you live in France or you are having a few trips in different areas this is the one for you.
The adult permit is best suited for anglers who fish regularly throughout the year, runs from 1st of Jan to 31st Dec,
You can fish both 1st and 2nd Category waters with all forms of fishing allowed, This inter-federation permit gives
you the option to extending your angling area into other departments France.
- Or Annual Departmental Permit ( 80e ).
- If you live in France or you are having a few fishing trips in the same area / department this is the one for you.
The adult permit is best suited for anglers who fish regularly throughout the year in the same Department of France, runs from 1st of Jan to 31st Dec,
You can fish both 1st and 2nd Category waters with all forms of fishing allowed.
- Women Promotional Permit (36e)
- This permit is aimed at getting Women into fishing, This Promotional Ladies permit is only 30 euros for the year and allows you to fish 1st & 2nd Category Waters.
- Annual Under 12s Permit (7e)
- This permit is for children under the age of 12 ( on 1st Jan ) You can use 1 rod on 1st & 2nd category waters.
- Annual Child/Teenager Permit (22e)
- This permit is for children from the age of 12 to 17 ( on 1st Jan ) You can use 2 rods on 1st & 2nd category waters.
- Weeks Holiday Permit (34e)
- This permit is valued for 7 consecutive days so you can spend a weeks fishing in any 1st & 2nd category waters,this permit is now available throughout the year.
- Day Permit (15e)
- This is the perfect permit if you are on holiday in France and just fancy a days fishing on that fishing lake near your gite.
Don’t forget to live life and fish.